Next time you make a chocolate Martini, consider trying a Baileys chocolate Martini recipe for an extra kick.
Baileys Chocolate Martini Recipes
While you can make a basic Baileys vodka Martini by combining one ounce of vodka with one and a half ounces of Baileys, shaking with ice and straining into a martini glass, why not take it a step farther to create a delicious chocolate concoction?
Chocolate Bailey's Martini
- Two ounces Bailey's Irish cream
- One quarter ounce vodka
- One half ounce chocolate liqueur
- Sprinkle of cocoa powder
- Mix Bailey's, vodka and liqueur in a martini shaker with several ice cubes.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with cocoa if desired.
Chocolate Mint Bailey's Martini
- One ounce Bailey's mint
- One half ounce crème de menthe
- One half ounce dark crème de cacao
- One half ounce vodka
- One ounce milk or cream
- Fresh mint sprig
- Dark chocolate shavings (optional)
- Mix Bailey's, crème de menthe, crème de cacao, vodka and milk in a martini shaker with several ice cubes.
- Shake and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with mint and chocolate shavings if desired.
Ultimate Chocolate Bailey's Martini
- One and one half ounce Bailey's Irish cream
- One ounce vodka
- One ounce white chocolate liqueur
- One ounce dark chocolate liqueur
- One ounce crème de cacao
- Two ounces milk or cream
- Mix Bailey's, vodka, chocolate liqueurs, crème de cacao and milk in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into two martini glasses.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
To make a chocolate Martini with Bailey's that suits your tastes, try these suggestions:
- Experiment with the proportions of Baileys and vodka. Don't worry about following exact recipes, but rather eyeball amounts to discover what works for you.
- To save calories, use sugar-free chocolate syrup or garnish with unsweetened cocoa powder instead of syrup.
- Try a frozen Baileys chocolate Martini recipe by combining the ingredients in a blender with ice. Chill the Martini glass beforehand for the best results
- For a stronger cocktail, stir the vodka, Baileys and chocolate syrup or liqueur rather than shaking them with ice.
- Using dark chocolate syrup provides a more bitter and less sweet taste than using milk chocolate syrup.
Once you've mastered the Baileys chocolate Martini recipe, try one of these variations:
- Baileys Chocolate Coffee Martini - Add a splash of Kahlua to give your cocktail a caffeinated kick.
- Baileys Caramel Chocolate Martini - Shake Baileys with a hint of caramel with vodka, and add a swirl of caramel syrup in the bottom of the glass.
- Baileys Chocolate Raspberry Martini - Add half an ounce of raspberry liqueur to the classic recipe.
- Baileys Orange Chocolate Martini - Add a splash of triple sec or fancier Grand Marnier for a subtle, fruity flavor.
- Baileys White Chocolate Martini - Add an ounce of creme and half an ounce of white chocolate liqueur and garnish the drink with white chocolate shavings.
As you can see, mixing the perfect Baileys chocolate Martini is really a matter of suiting your own taste. Try the different versions listed here, but don't be afraid to branch out and experiment on your own. You never know where you'll find that ideal flavor.