Ingredients for Vodka Gimlet Recipe
- 2 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slices for garnish
This vodka gimlet recipe makes one refreshing, tart vodka cocktail.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice, vodka, simple syrup, and lime juice. Shake to chill.
- Put more ice in an old-fashioned glass and add a few lime slices.
- Strain the chilled gimlet into the glass.
Gimlets are more frequently made with gin. While vodka drinks are shaken, it's best to stir cocktails containing gin because it maintains the integrity of the liquor's aromatics.
- Try a basic gimlet recipe made simply with gin and lime juice.
- Enjoy a slightly sweeter version of a gin gimlet.
Vodka or Gin?
The classic gimlet contains gin, and it has a slightly more complex flavor due to gin's aromatics. Some people, however, don't enjoy the juniper bite in gin and prefer a simpler version, which is where the vodka gimlet comes in. Whichever you choose, a gimlet is a well-balanced and refreshing cocktail.