Frozen Raspberry Daiquiri
Raspberries come into season shortly after strawberries do, usually in the month of July. A delicious raspberry daiquiri is ideal when raspberries are at their peak ripeness. Use either red or golden raspberries.
- 2 ounces light rum
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of cracked ice
- 1½ ounces fresh lime juice
- 1½ ounces simple syrup
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Lime slice and raspberry for garnish
- In a blender, combine the rum, raspberries, lime juice, ice, and syrup.
- Cover and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with the lime slice and a raspberry.
If you don't like seeds, puree the raspberries with the lime juice first and then strain the liquid to remove the seeds. Combine the puree with all the other ingredients and blend until frothy.