If you'd like to keep your celebration low key, you may want to have some non alcoholic drinks for Thanksgiving dinner. Even if you plan on serving wine and cocktails, there are likely to be children present, as well as adults, who are not huge fans of alcohol. This doesn't mean the drinks have to be boring. There are a lot of beverages you can make that are tasty and also celebrate autumn.
Recipes for Non Alcoholic Drinks for Thanksgiving Dinner
Nutty Eggless Eggnog
- 4 cups of regular milk or soy milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute
- A shaker of nutmeg
- Fill the blender three quarters of the way with cubed ice.
- In the blender, combine all of the above ingredients, besides the nutmeg..
- Turn the blender on high or on the puree setting.
- Pour the drink into glasses and top each with a pinch of nutmeg.
Applejack Mulled Cider
This hot drink is great when the weather is cool, and it makes use of some of the best produce of the season.
- 1 gallon of your favorite apple cider
- 2 peeled, but not sliced apples
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves (whole, not ground)
- A shaker of nutmeg
- Using a paring knife or apple corer, core your apples and place six cloves in the hollows you create.
- PlacIn a large pot, combine the apple cider, the apples and the cinnamon sticks.
- Heat the mixture until it comes to a boil, and then cover it and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Ladle the drink into coffee mugs and top each beverage with nutmeg.
While a mimosa is usually a breakfast beverage, this non alcoholic drink for Thanksgiving dinner is sure to please.
- A bottle of sparkling cider
- A bottle of orange juice
- Fill a champagne glass three quarters of the way with orange juice.
- Pour in sparkling cider to taste.
You can also try this drink with cranberry juice instead of orange juice, although it is a bit of an acquired taste.
If you'd like to dress up your buffet table, you can do so by placing a bowl of this bright orange concoction right in the center of it. Note that this beverage doesn't contain any pumpkin or pumpkin flavor. The name simply denotes the color of the drink.
- 6 cups of water
- 4 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 packets of gelatin (any orange flavor)
- 16 ounces of pineapple juice.
- In a punch bowl, pour all of the ingredients and stir. Do not refrigerate or freeze, since this will cause the gelatin to solidify.
- If you'd like, you can add vanilla or almond extract for a spicier flavor.
- If you'd like to skip the gelatin, you can use orange food coloring or Kool-Aid instead. Experiment until you find a flavor that you prefer.
Of course, you don't have to get fancy with your non alcoholic drinks for Thanksgiving dinner. You can simply provide sodas, juices and maybe a bottle of sparkling cider by itself. If the dinner itself is going to take up a lot of your time, this might be the way to go. You can always make up for it by having a fancy dessert.