When you're out for a night on the town with your female besties, that's the perfect time to indulge in a few (or several!) delightful girly cocktails. Whether you and your best bffs are just blowing off some steam after work, heading out for a "no boys allowed" night of dancing, or celebrating someone's last days of singledom at a bachelorette party, these drinks are perfect for a night out with the girls.
Girly Tropical Cocktails
Umbrella drinks are super popular on vacation, and they're also fabulous for a girls' night out. With fun garnishes and tropical fruit flavors, these drinks offer boozy tropical goodness.
If you're a girl who doesn't shy away from attention, consider ordering a Blue Hawaiian. Not only does it have a gorgeous electric blue color, but the flavors of rum and coconut will remind you of sitting on the beach with a Hawaiian breeze ruffling your hair. This vibrant and flavorful drink isn't for anyone who'd rather blend in with the crowd.
If you like piña coladas....and getting caught in the rain - well, then this is the drink for you. The piña colada is the ultimate taste of the tropics; coconut, pineapple, and rum - enjoy it blended and frozen or on the rocks - umbrella garnish optional but encouraged. If you want the flavors but not the alcohol or you're the designated driver, you don't need to miss out on the fun of girly cocktails. Belly up to the bar and order a virgin piña colada.
Martini Glass Drinks for Uptown Girls
Purists will tell you a martini is gin and vermouth, stirred or shaken, and served very cold in a martini glass with a twist or an olive. In recent years, however, the definition of martini has expanded to mean almost anything in a martini glass, and there's just something about sipping a chilled drink from a martini glass that feels oh so uptown. So while you're free to enjoy a classic gin martini if that's what you love, you have plenty of other options for cocktails in a martini glass. These sophisticated martini-style drinks are great for girls' night.
Made famous by the Sex and the City gals, Cosmopolitan cocktails are the ultimate selection for ladies' night. While James Bond may have made sure that traditional martinis will forever be considered manly bar drinks, Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda popularized cosmopolitan martinis as standard fare for girls' night out gatherings. Served in martini glasses for an elegant presentation, these pink concoctions of vodka, cranberry juice, lime, and a citrus liquer are served in martini glasses and are typically topped off with a few slices of lemon or lime.
What says girly more than a pastel yellow cocktail that's both sweet and sour? If you're a little bit (or a lot!) sweet and sassy yourself, a lemon martini just might be your ideal signature drink.
- Lemon drop martinis are a lovely option for sipping and savoring a sweet and citrusy flavor elegantly presented with a twist of lemon in a sugar-rimmed glass.
- So are lemon meringue martinis, which are even more decadent as they include heavy cream and are topped off with crumbled graham crackers to resemble the dessert for which they are named.
If sweet and creamy is your thing, you can still enjoy your martini-style beverage. Think of these drinks as big girl chocolate milk - sweet, creamy, and delicious.
- Try a Bailey's Chocolate Martini, made with Irish cream liqueur, chocolate liquer, and vodka, it's a chocoholic's dream cocktail.
- Not so into chocolate but still like creamy drinks? Try a Bailey's Martini - it's vodka and Bailey's in a martini glass of sweet, sweet girly goodness.
- If, on the other hand, you're into pure chocolatey joy, you can hold the Bailey's and make a Godiva Chocolate Martini or a White Chocolate Martini. They're perfect for those nights when only chocolate will do.
- Pumpkin spice girls, don't despair: there's a martini for you, too! Try a creamy Pumpkin Martini that's sure to satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings.
If fruit is more your thing, then there are plenty of fruity martini style cocktails you'll love.
- The Caramel Apple Martini is a great combination of sweet and sour with fruit flavors. It's perfect for the girl who loves Halloween - or just wants a sweet and sour martini-style cocktail.
- Not so big on sweet? Leave out the caramel and enjoy a classic Apple Martini. It's not only neon-colored, it's apple goodness in a martini glass.
- For a tropical twist, enjoy a Coconut-Pineapple Martini. It'll give you the taste of tropics you love with some uptown martini flair.
- If health is your sort-of priority on girls' night, then add some antioxidants with a Pomegranate Martini.
- If you grew up loving Jolly Rancher candy and you've still got a sweet tooth, then Jolly Rancher Martinis are perfect for your girls' night out. The vibrant colors and flavors are the perfect complement to the rest of your evening.
Fruity Mixed Drinks With a Feminine Flair
For some reason, fruity cocktails are often considered as "girly" cocktails, and while women can certainly enjoy them on a girls' night out too, these cocktails are perfect for anyone who enjoys fruity drinks.
Available in a wide variety of fruity flavors, frozen daiquiris are a great choice when you're looking for a girly rum-based cocktail to imbibe! From the soft pastel shade of a banana daiquiri to the vibrant pink or orange of a strawberry or mango daiquiri, these frozen concoctions are sweet and flavorful with a fabulous feminine presentation that often includes fresh fruit embellishments.
Midori Melon Cocktails
If you see a bright green cocktail sitting on a table in a bar, chances are that it belongs to a girl! Drinks made with Midori melon liqueur are a terrific option when you're looking for female-focused cocktail ideas. Midori is typically combined with vodka and a variety of other ingredients to make such concoctions as melonballs, honeydew martinis, and other melon-flavored drinks or shots that are brightly colored and festive. Typical garnishes include cantaloupe and honeydew balls speared on a toothpick.
For girls who prefer to stick with wine rather than hard liquor, sangria is a lovely option. Drinking sangria with your bffs is a bit more festive than sipping glasses of wine. That's because it is served as a punch and has fruit mixed directly in. Finding its origins in Spain, this fun and fruity wine-based cocktail is now shared by girlfriends around the world. Classic sangria is made with red wine and has a rich jewel tone, though white sangria also a good choice. Sangria is available in many bars and restaurants, but it is also ideal for in-home gatherings, such as bridal showers or book clubs, as it can be made ahead and served from a punchbowl.
Sweet Mixed Drinks for a Sweet Tooth
Some ladies have a sweet tooth. For those that do, you have plenty of cocktail options to enjoy.
With flavors of almond and a sweet twist, cocktails made from Amaretto are bittersweet, making them delicious, complex, and perfect for girls' night. Try ten different amaretto cocktails for the perfect bittersweet girly drink.
Sweet and Spicy Mixed Drinks
If you're a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet, you may want your drinks to be the same. There are plenty of sweet and spicy cocktails you can order.
Sweet Alcoholic Winter Warmer Cocktails
For a girls' ski weekend or just hitting the clubs on a chilly evening, you can't go wrong with sweet winter warmers that make a girl glow inside and out.
- Hot buttered rum is a delicious warming cocktail that's the classic winter beverage.
- You can also enjoy a shot of peppermint schnapps in an 8-ounce mug of hot chocolate. Top it with whipped cream and sprinkles, and you're sure to feel cozy and warm.
What makes a jell-o shot a perfect girly drink? It's colorful, sweet, fruity, and fun. Whether you make them yourself or are lucky enough to find a club that serves them, jell-o shots are great fun for girls' night in or out.
Skinny Bar Drinks
If you're watching your waistline, you don't need to despair. You, too, can enjoy cocktails on a girls' night out.
Watching your carbs? Then try drinks for diabetics, which limit sugar and carb counts. You can also enjoy a simple vodka and soda water combination with a twist of lime.
Mixed Drinks With Diet Soda
As long as you're drinking a distilled spirit without flavoring, such as vodka or gin, you can add diet soda for a low-carb and low-calorie drink. Consider vodka and diet ginger ale or a classic Cuba Libre made with diet soda.
If counting calories is how you preserve your waistline, you won't be left out on girls' night out. Enjoy many low-calorie drink options, including sweet, creamy, and spicy drinks any girl would love.
Girly Non-Alcoholic Drinks for the Designated Driver
If you're driving, you don't have to be left out on girls' cocktail night. There are plenty of non-alcoholic girly drinks you can enjoy at the bar.
Girly Bar Drinks for Ladies' Night
When you head out on a night on the town with your best girls in tow, there are plenty of great cocktails you and your crew can enjoy. Whether you choose one of these tasty and colorful girly concoctions or opt for another fruity or sweet and tart drink, be sure to drink responsibly. Above all else, have a girly good time!