Cranberry Sangria Punch
Sangria is a fruity Spanish wine punch. While most people enjoy Sangria as a refreshing summer punch, this version uses winter flavors such as cranberry, spice, and Beaujolais Nouveau wine, a wine that releases the third Thursday of November and disappears from shelves quickly. It serves about 10.
- 1 750 mL bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau wine
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup Armagnac or Cognac
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Club soda
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, sliced orange, cranberry juice, orange juice, star anise, cinnamon, Armagnac, and cranberries. Stir to mix and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, add club soda to fill the pitcher. Serve over ice.