Variations and Substitutions
There are plenty of ways to blend, or even shake, up an apple cider slushy. Let's take this treat on the road.
- Add all ingredients except ice to a small pan and place in the freezer. Allow the mix to freeze for at least four hours or until the mixture has a firm yet slushy appearance. Once the drink has set, carefully add to a rocks glass and enjoy with a garnish.
- Swap the cinnamon whiskey for a cinnamon vodka. You can even make spiced vodka at home easily.
- Freeze the apple cider into ice cubes, using approximately twelve to sixteen ounces. Once a slushy consistency, mix with your liquors. Alternatively, freeze 24 ounces of apple cider into ice cubes and use in place of ice.
- Add two to three dashes of cinnamon, walnut, or molasses bitters for added flavor without added sugar.
- Sweeten things up with a cinnamon simple syrup or orange liqueur.
The apple cider slushy garnish can be as crisp or sweet as you want.
- Take several apple cubes and pierce with a cocktail skewer.
- Use alternating styles of apple slices together, such as Granny Smith with Empire.
- Add a drizzle of caramel syrup down the inside of the glass.
- Create a cinnamon sugar rim by first rubbing a lemon along the rim of the glass. Place the cinnamon sugar in a saucer and dip the glass rim into the sugar. You can do the entire rim or a small portion,
An Apple Cider Slushy Flight
Consider crafting a flight of apple cider slushies for your own scientific purposes, or gather a few friends to sample. Consider a few of these liquor combinations to use as bases for your flight.
Take a Bite Out of an Apple Cider Slushy
However you enjoy an apple cider slushy, there's a recipe or flavor combination to delight the tastebuds. Work your apple cider slushy magic with a bit of bourbon or some spiced rum to make yours the one that's the talk of your friends.