- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce pink lemonade
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce grenadine
- ½ ounce raspberry liqueur
- Lemon-lime soda to top off
- Lemon slice for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, vodka, pink lemonade, pineapple juice, grenadine, and raspberry liqueur.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into rocks or highball glass over fresh ice.
- Top off with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with lemon slice.
Barbie Drink Variations
Barbie has quite the wardrobe of options, just like this drink does when it comes to different ingredients and ideas.
- Skip the soda and grenadine and instead strain your drink into a chilled coupe glass for a pop of pink in an elegant glass. Make it even more elegant by topping off with a splash of prosecco.
- Enjoy your Barbie drink as a Barbie shot with a simple combination of ½ ounce equal parts of coconut rum, vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice. Shake the ingredients together with ice and strain into a shot glass.
- Top your Barbie cocktail with a flavored club soda such as raspberry, orange, or vanilla.
- Use a little less pineapple juice and add extra pink lemonade for a pinker look.
- Replace the vodka with Pink Whitney for more vibrant pink color and an additional pop of lemon flavor.
Barbie Cocktail Garnishes
A Barbie set, be it doll or house, comes with numerous accouterments. Let your garnish follow that path.
- Champion the pink look by using a fresh strawberry or raspberry.
- Complement the coral pink tones with a slice or wheel of grapefruit or a grapefruit peel.
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge and dip the rim in pink sugar or sprinkles.
- Pierce a cherry or two with a cocktail skewer.
About the Barbie Drink
Barbie dolls have adorned shelves since 1959, but the Barbie drink is far less famous with not quite as much longevity, at least not yet. This bright pink and flavorful drink will thrill the hearts of anyone with fond Barbie memories. The Barbie drink is excellent on its own or beside other fabulously pink drinks; think of the Clover Club, a Cosmo, the summery, layered Astro Pop shot, or a tasty Bazooka Joe shot.
If you want another Barbie drink to enjoy, look no further than the Malibu Barbie. Much like the California doll's name, the cocktail calls for an ounce of coconut rum, mango rum, ½ ounce of peach liqueur, and three ounces of cranberry juice. Enjoy your surfside beverage in a rocks glass with a bright pink strawberry garnish.
In a Barbie World
Live your life in a world of pink with the Barbie drink. Or, if shots are more your style, opt for a fashionable and fabulous Barbie shot. Whichever way you dream it, these cocktails have a place in your Barbie world.