- 2 ounces blueberry vodka
- 4 ounces lemonade
- ¼ ounce blueberry liqueur
- Lemon slice and mint sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, blueberry vodka, lemonade, and blueberry liqueur.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into cocktail glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with lemon slice and mint sprig.
Blueberry Vodka Lemonade Variations
There are many ways to jam a little blueberry flavor into your cocktails.
- Use a pink lemonade in place of traditional lemonade.
- Skip the blueberry liqueur and use a blueberry simple syrup for a sweeter touch.
- Make your lemonade a bit more sour by adding up to ¾ ounce of freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
- Muddle several fresh blueberries with a splash of simple syrup or lemon juice before adding and shaking with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add another level of flavor by including a splash of vanilla or whipped cream vodka.
Add a layer to your perfect blueberry vodka lemonade with the right garnish.
- Pierce several blueberries on a cocktail skewer or allow them to float freely within the cocktail.
- Instead of mint, use a rosemary or thyme sprig in its place.
- Use a lemon wheel or dehydrated lemon wheel as a garnish.
- Sprinkle a bit of lemon zest over the top of the drink or any herb garnish.
About the Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
Whether you want to make simple syrup or infuse your own vodka, you can capture the blueberry flavors for your blueberry vodka lemonade by using the blueberry liqueur it calls for, adding a blueberry infused vodka, muddling a few blueberries in the cocktail shaker, or making a blueberry-infused simple syrup.
Blueberry Infused Simple Syrup
To craft a simple blueberry syrup, you will need:
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ water
To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries, sugar, and water on medium-high heat until it simmers.
- Reduce the temperature to low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for six minutes.
- Cool completely and strain. Replace the blueberry liqueur in the drink with ¼ cup of your simple syrup.
- Store in a resealable container in a refrigerator for up to two weeks.
You can easily make your own blueberry-infused vodka at home that'll surpass any store-bought flavors or colors. Craft a more complex flavor for your blueberry vodka lemonade by following the traditional instructions, but also add a clean, whole sliced lemon to the mix along with the blueberries.
A Gardener's Dream
It may be a farfetched dream to hope for a garden with an abundance of blueberries and lemons, but that's exactly what this cocktail tastes like: a garden overflowing with fruit and berries. It doesn't matter how you arrive at your ingredients for a blueberry vodka lemonade; the dream is within reach.