- Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass.
- With the red sugar on a saucer, dip either half or the entire rim of the glasses in the red sugar to coat.
- In a large pitcher, add ice, lemon-lime Kool-Aid, water, and pineapple juice.
- Stir until mix has dissolved.
- Add vodka and lemon-lime soda.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Serve in prepared glasses over fresh ice.
- Garnish with candy cane.
This punch will make approximately 11 servings.
Variations and Substitutions
Nothing beats punch--mainly because there are so many ways to build an incredible drink.
- Instead of vodka, try your punch with rum or tequila!
- If you want to stick with vodka, a citron, orange, lime, or pineapple-flavored vodka would add even more options.
- Skip the lemon-lime soda in favor of tonic water or a flavored club soda, such as lemon, lime, pineapple, or orange.
- Use a can of frozen limeade concentrate, adding only a quarter cup of lemon-lime soda.
Keep it jolly or Grinchy with these finishing touches for your boozy Grinch punch.
- Use equal parts green and red sugar, making the rim half green and half red for a bigger pop of color and fun.
- Use a red and white striped straw instead of an edible candy cane garnish.
- You can easily use red sprinkles in place of sugar.
- Add a dash of red sugar sprinkles over the top of the drink just before serving.
About the Boozy Grinch Punch
There's no great mystery or lore behind the boozy Grinch punch. Besides being a craftily named drink, it's an easy holiday punch that's as visually appealing as it is tasty. Its name comes from the bright green hue that's strikingly similar to the color of the famous Grinch found in Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The bright red Who-trim rim is the perfect garnish to complete the Christmas appearance.
If you want to enjoy this punch with little ones as you wrap yourselves up like presents in blankets, omit the vodka and instead add an extra cup of pineapple juice and water to make this a family-friendly punch. Alternatively, skip the soda altogether and use lemonade in its place or consider whipping up a version with sherbert.
Don't Forget the Grinch
It may seem counterintuitive, but Christmas wouldn't be the same without the Grinch. Well, maybe not the Grinchy Grinch, but absolutely the boozy Grinch punch. Go ahead and add this sparkling green punch to your next holiday party menu and watch eyes light up like a Who on Christmas.