If you love the flavor of butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream, there are plenty of awesome cocktails and shooters you can make. With the smooth, sweet flavor of the butterscotch schnapps combined with the creamy sweetness of Irish cream, it's like drinking dessert in a glass.
1. Buttery Nipple
Layered shots are always fun to make, and the buttery nipple is a classic layered combination of butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream.
- 1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps
- 1/2 shot Irish cream liqueur
- Pour the butterscotch schnapps into a shot glass.
- Carefully and slowly pour the Irish cream over the back of a spoon to gently layer it on top of the shot.
2. Golden Nipple
Here's another great shooter that adds spicy cinnamon to a classic buttery nipple shot.
- 1/3 shot cinnamon schnapps
- 1/3 shot butterscotch schnapps
- 1/3 shot Irish cream
- Pour the cinnamon schnapps into a shot glass.
- Slowly and carefully pour the butterscotch schnapps over the back of a spoon on top of the cinnamon schnapps.
- Slowly and carefully pour the Irish cream over the back of a spoon to layer on top of the butterscotch schnapps.
3. Slippery Egg Cocktail
This is a delicious holiday drink or winter cocktail.
- 2 ounces Irish cream
- 2 ounces butterscotch schnapps
- Nonalcoholic eggnog (Store-bought nog is fine), chilled
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Pour the Irish cream and butterscotch schnapps into a rocks glass.
- Fill to the top with chilled eggnog. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
4. Butterfinger Cocktail
This delicious, creamy, buttery cocktail is sweet and satisfying.
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish cream
- 1 1/2 ounces butterscotch schnapps
- Milk (Enough to fill the rest of the glass), chilled
- Cocoa powder
- In a rocks glass, combine the Irish cream, butterscotch schnapps, and milk. Stir to mix.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
5. B-28 Cocktail
This classic layered cocktail takes a gentle pour, but the result is delicious. Don't worry if you don't get the layering right away; it still tastes good if the layers mix together.
- 3 ounces Irish cream
- 1/3 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1/3 ounce amaretto
- 1/3 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- Pour the Irish cream in the bottom of a rocks glass.
- Carefully pour the coffee liqueur over the back of a spoon so it sits on top of the Irish cream.
- Carefully pour the amaretto over the back of a spoon to create the next layer.
- Carefully pour the butterscotch schnapps to create the final layer.
6. Butterscotch Cocoa
If you're looking for a winter warmer, this one is sweet, creamy, and delicious.
- 2 ounces Irish cream
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- Your favorite hot cocoa
- Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish
- Pour both liqueurs in a large mug.
- Add the cocoa and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for garnish.
7. Blind Russian Cocktail
Enjoy this boozy coffee flavored creamy confection.
- 3/4 ounce Irish Cream
- 3/4 ounce butterscotch liqueur
- 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur
- 3/4 ounce chocolate liqueur
- Fill a highball glass half-full with ice.
- Add the Irish cream, butterscotch liqueur, coffee liqueur, and chocolate liqueur.
- Fill to the top with milk and stir to combine.
Butterscotch Schnapps and Irish Cream Are a Smooth Combination
When you combine butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream, you get a cocktail that is sweet, smooth, and incredibly satisfying to the tastebuds. It's almost like having a rich dessert in a glass. Even though you can make an awesome drink with just these two ingredients, they are often used as a jumping off point for a number of delicious cocktails. Be careful, though. These drinks go down so smoothly that you may be tempted to drink too fast. If you do, you'll find you have a major buzz before you know it.
Of course, it's always best to use quality ingredients whenever possible. Popular brands of butterscotch schnapps include DeKuyper® and Bols®. Baileys® reigns supreme amongst Irish cream liqueurs, but Carolan's® is a close second.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to combine butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream to create tasty cocktails. You can experiment a bit on your own by trying out other mixers, complementary liqueurs, and compatible schnapps flavors with this initial combination. Lemon-lime soda or cola will add a fizzy kick and another dimension to the flavor. Cherry and raspberry liqueurs, as well as peach schnapps, will add a fruity tone that is simply delicious when you strike the right balance. Sure, you may mix a few less-than-stellar cocktails before you hit on a combination that you just love, but isn't that how most new cocktails are created?