- Chill a martini glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the simple syrup, grapefruit juice, orange liqueur, and vodka.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an olive.
Variations and Substitutions
Pump up the flavor with these tasty variations:
- Substitute grapefruit-flavored vodka for the vodka.
- Use blueberry vodka in place of the vodka for a berry good martini.
- Muddle a sprig of rosemary with the simple syrup before adding other ingredients.
- Muddle a jalapeño chili slice with the simple syrup before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Muddle sage or thyme leaves with the simple syrup before adding remaining ingredients.
The olive is a classic martini garnish that works well. You can also try:
- Herb sprigs
- A grapefruit wedge
- A sugared rim
About the Grapefruit Martini
Grapefruit has a distinctly tart flavor that can really punch up a cocktail. It also blends beautifully with a whole spectrum of flavors. And by adding just a little bit of sweet via simple syrup or a liqueur, it brings balance to the puckering tartness of the grapefruit for an oh-so-satisfying cocktail with a lot of flare.
A Delicious Tart-Tini
Try this deliciously tart spin on a martini. It will wake up your tastebuds and lift your spirits as you sip.