Fireball whisky is an exciting cocktail ingredient because it's so versatile. With is strong cinnamon flavor and sweetness from added sugar, Fireball can make cocktails that taste like candy in a glass. Use these Fireball whisky recipes to make tasty mixed drinks everyone is sure to love.
1. Orange Cinnamon Old Fashioned
This drink made from Fireball whisky is a twist on a classic. It will be sweeter than a traditional old-fashioned because Fireball contains sugar. If the end result of this drink is too sweet for your tastes, omit the sugar cube.
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- Splash of soda water
- ½ ounce Fireball whisky
- 1½ ounces bourbon
- Ice cubes
- 1 strip orange peel
- In a rocks glass, dash the bitters onto the sugar cube. Add the soda water and allow the water to soak the sugar cube for a minute. Then, muddle to crush the sugar cube.
- Add the whisky and bourbon and drop in a few ice cubes. Stir.
- Holding the orange peel with its skin-side down over the drink, squeeze to release the citrus oils into the drink. Drop it into the drink skin-side up for garnish.
2. Hot Tamale Fireball Cocktail
Remember Hot Tamales candy from when you were a kid? Make the grown-up version with Fireball whisky.
- 1 orange wedge
- Cinnamon sugar for rimming the glass
- 2 ounces Fireball whisky
- Splash of grenadine
- 4 ounces ginger ale
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Wet the outside rim of a rocks glass. Roll the wetted edge in the cinnamon sugar to rim the glass. Fill with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the Fireball whisky and grenadine. Add ice and shake.
- Strain into the prepared rocks glass. Add the ginger ale and stir.
- Garnish with the cinnamon stick.
3. Fireball Cinnamon Roll Shake
This Fireball whisky cocktail is more of a dessert than a mixed drink. If you loved grandma's homemade baked cinnamon rolls, this is a dessert cocktail that is sure to please. It's sweet, creamy, and spicy. It makes two cocktails.
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 3 ounces Fireball whisky
- 1 ounce of vanilla vodka
- 1½ cups half and half
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a milkshake glass or collins glass with a straw.
4. Hot Cinnamon Spiced Cider
If you like hot apple cider with spiced rum, then chances are you'll enjoy this Fireball drink, which adds a cinnamon-flavored kick to a classic winter warmer.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 cup Fireball whisky
- In a slow cooker set on low, combine the apple cider, dark brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, and Fireball whisky.
- Cover and simmer for four hours.
- Turn down to keep warm. Skim the spices from the cider.
- Serve in mugs garnished with a cinnamon stick.
5. Fireball French Toast Cocktail
For some reason, Fireball whisky can invoke a lot of breakfast foods in the mixed drinks you make from it. If you're a French toast fan, then you'll enjoy this simple breakfast-themed cocktail that's a simple combination of Fireball, Bailey's Irish Cream, and butterscotch schnapps.
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 barspoon of heavy cream
- ½ ounce butterscotch schnapps
- ½ ounce Fireball whisky
- 4 ounces cream soda
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Bailey's Irish Cream and the heavy cream.
- Add the ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Very slowly to prevent curdling, pour in the butterscotch schnapps and Fireball whisky.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Add the cream soda. Stir.
6. Apple-Cinnamon Red Hot Shot
If red is your color, then try a simple red hot shot. It's packed with flavor and fun to drink. This makes two shots.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients.
- Strain into shot glasses.
7. Fireball and Bailey's Irish Coffee
Want to spice up your Irish coffee? Adding a small amount of Fireball whisky brings a new depth to this delicious coffee beverage.
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- ½ ounce Fireball whisky
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 4 ounces hot brewed coffee
- Unsweetened hand-whipped cream
- In a coffee mug, combine the Irish whiskey, Fireball whisky, and simple syrup. Stir to mix.
- Pour in the coffee. Stir.
- Spoon the hand whipped cream over the top of the coffee.
8. Fireball Whisky and RumChata Snickerdoodle Cookie Cocktail
Fireball whisky mixes with RumChata in delicious ways. Try this RumChata recipe for a snickerdoodle cookie cocktail that tastes just like mom's but with an extra kick, or create a cinnamon toast crunch shot that tastes like cereal milk.
Tips for Creating Your Own Fireball Whisky Cocktails
Want to create your own mixed drinks using Fireball whisky? These tips can help.
- A little goes a long way. So you won't need to use full shots of Fireball - think of it more like an accent than the main event.
- When combining Fireball whisky with dairy-based ingredients such as Bailey's or heavy cream, remember that whisky can curdle cream. Always use a high fat dairy and pour the whiskey in slowly.
- Remember that Fireball has added sugar, so it will make a drink sweeter. You may wish to adjust the sugar in the drink to help balance the sweetness.
Mixers for Fireball
You can also enjoy Fireball Whisky with simple mixers. These can serve as the basis for a cocktail or as the entire drink. Try Fireball with any of the following:
- Orange juice
- Apple juice or apple cider
- Cranberry juice
- Ginger ale
- Cream soda
- Cherry cola
Fireball whisky adds zip to your cocktails. It's delicious in specially made cocktails, and is often tasty when you use it to replace part of the whiskey in traditional cocktails, as well.