Ingredients for Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
Butterbeer is a popular beverage found in the Harry Potter series, something the Hogwarts students enjoy when out and about with friends. This recipe includes both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions.
Yield: 4 drinks
- 1/4 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg plus extra for garnish
- 2 (22-ounce) bottles of pumpkin ale, amber ale, hard cider, or cream soda
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the heavy cream and the nutmeg until well combined. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the cream, brown sugar, and butter mixture among four large mugs or glasses.
- Fill each with the ale, cider, or cream soda. Stir to mix well.
- Top with a grating of fresh nutmeg and a cinnamon stick for garnish.
Add Some Magic
You can garnish with a cinnamon stick and nutmeg, as mentioned in the recipe, or you can sprinkle it with edible gold or silver sprinkles to give it a little bit of extra magic.