If you enjoy cocktail with vivid colors, then you will love the Incredible Hulk cocktail, which is made with Hpnotiq and Hennessy or another type of Cognac. It has a vibrant green color reminiscent of the skin of its namesake, and like the Hulk, it turns green right before your eyes. If you're having an Avengers themed party, why wouldn't you want an Incredible Hulk cocktail or these other Hulk-themed mixed drinks as one of your options?
Mix an Incredible Hulk Cocktail
To obtain its vivid green color, the Incredible Hulk cocktail uses a tropical fruit liquor called Hpnotiq® in combination with Cognac. Hpnotiq has a pale blue color and contains a proprietary blend of tropical fruit juices, Cognac, and vodka. When the Cognac is poured into the Hpnotiq, the drink turns green, which makes it the perfect drink to make right in front of your guests. The drink was invented at Sean Combs's restaurant, Justin's, in New York City.
- 2 ounces Hpnotiq original
- 2 ounces Cognac
- Fill a lowball glass with ice and add cognac.
- Pour Hpnotiq over ice, and the color will transform to green.
While there aren't a lot of variations of the Incredible Hulk due to the mixing of colors of the two liquors used, you can try the following variations:
- Shake the ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker and serve straight up in a chilled martini glass.
- Create an Incredible Hulk shot by mixing ½ ounce each of Hpnotiq and cognac in a shot glass.
- Supercharge your Incredible Hulk by adding 1 ounce of white rum to the drink.
Hulk Smash Cocktail
Of course, there are other ways to get mixed drinks that are the color of the Incredible Hulk, such as using the brightly colored Midori melon liqueur. The Hulk Smash cocktail is just as green as the Incredible Hulk mixed drink, although it lacks the nearly alchemical magic of pouring cognac on blue liquid and watching it turn green. A smash is one of the earliest types of cocktails. It's a kind of julep containing mint, a sweet element (usually simple syrup but here, Midori), whiskey, and a sour element such as lemon or lime juice.
- 10 mint leaves
½ ounce Midori
½ ounce lime juice
Finely crushed ice
2 ounces whiskey
Mint sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the Midori. Add the lime juice and ice cubes and shake.
- Pack a rocks glass as full as you can with finely crushed ice. Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker over the top.
- Pour in the whiskey and stir. Add more finely crushed ice to fill it completely to the top.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Hulk on Vacation Cocktail
Hulking out can't be easy on a guy, and Bruce Banner needs to get away from time to time to relax and just...be himself. However, even the most beautiful tropical vacation can sometimes have events that might trigger Banner to become the Hulk. This tropical drink shows both parts; the relaxing tropical breezes and toes in the sand that suddenly turns Hulky green with the addition of a single ingredient.
- 2 ounces Malibu rum
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 barspoon blue curaçao
- Mango slice for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka and pineapple juice. Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Add the blue curaçao and stir.
- Garnish with a mango slice.
Incredible Hulk Mixed Drinks
With their vibrant green color and tropical fruit flavors, Incredible Hulk themed cocktails make delicious summer drinks to serve at your next party.