Mint brings a ton of flavor to cocktails, and it's a versatile ingredient. Whether you're using it as a garnish or bringing its flavor to the fore, it's the perfect addition to refreshing and delicious cocktails.
This refreshing frozen tropical cocktail is a cross between a mojito and a piña colada - with a bit of passionfruit tossed in. A blender full serves three to four. For a fun tropical twist, serve it poolside in a hollowed out pineapple and add an umbrella.
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 15 mint leaves
- ¾ ounce Malibu rum
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- ¼ cup frozen passionfruit nectar concentrate
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- In a blender, combine the pineapple, mint, rum, coconut cream, passionfruit nectar, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a hurricane glass and garnish with mint.
Orange Mint Mule
Fans of the Moscow mule can up their game by adding refreshing mint to orange juice and ginger beer for a flavorful cocktail. This serves one.
- 6 mint leaves plus a sprig for garnish
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the simple syrup.
- Add the simple syrup, lime juice, orange juice, and vodka.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a mule cup filled with ice.
- Add the ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Peach and Brown Sugar Julep
With flavors of the south, this tasty julep is refreshing with mint but adds the flavors of peaches and brown sugar for a really delicious cocktail. It makes one cocktail.
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ¼ peach, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 ounces brown sugar bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- In a rocks glass or julep cup, muddle the mint, brown sugar, and peaches.
- Add the bourbon and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the crushed ice and fill with seltzer.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge if desired
Other Mint Cocktails
Mint is a refreshing cocktail addition that allows you to make both classic and modern cocktails.
The Perfect Summer Ingredient
Fresh mint is the perfect ingredient for refreshing summer cocktails. Grow a little in a window box, container, or garden and make mint a flavorful ingredient to add to your favorite cocktails.