Sweet and Fruity Cocktails
If you like a sweet flavor to your mixed drinks, these fruity alcoholic cocktails will please your palate. From martini-style cocktails to fruity tropical drinks, you'll discover a wide array of sweet alcoholic drinks for fruit lovers.
The appletini - or Apple Martini - is a crisp blend of apple-flavored liquor, apple juice, Cointreau, and vodka. This bright green drink is both powerful and refreshing.
Kermit the Frog Cocktail
This vivid, fruity green mixed drink has the flavor of melons and coconuts.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the coconut rum, Midori, and lime juice.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with the lemon-lime soda and stir.
Lemon Drop Martini
If you like a little sweet and a little sour in your fruity drinks, then you'll love the lemon drop martini. Made with lemon juice, simple syrup, vodka, and a rim of sugar, the lemon drop tastes like a cocktail version of the candy.
Enjoy these tasty shaken margaritas on a hot summer day.
- 2 ounces tequila
- ¾ ounce triple sec
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chill a cocktail glass and rim it with salt.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until well blended.
- Strain into salt-rimmed glasses.
Sangria is a sweet and delicious red or white wine punch filled with fruit. It also contains rum, Armagnac, or other spirits to make the punch refreshing and interesting.
Fruity Caribbean Rum Punch
Few drinks are better than a fruity punch combined with delicious rum on a hot summer day. This Caribbean Rum Punch recipe with pineapple and orange juice is sure to hit the spot.
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
If you like strawberries, then you'll love the sweet fruitiness of the frozen strawberry daiquiri. This blended drink is bright, sweet, and refreshing.
Sea Breeze Cocktail
If you don't like an overly sweet fruity alcoholic drink, then the Sea Breeze is for you.
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks or highball glass filled with ice.
Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
Made with blue curaçao, coconut liqueur, and rum, a Blue Hawaiian is an electric blue drink that reminds you of the blue skies and seas of the Islands.
The Singapore Sling is a popular sweet, fruity drink made with gin, grenadine, and cherry brandy.
- ¾ ounce grenadine
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 1½ ounces London dry gin
- Club soda
- ½ ounce cherry brandy
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the grenadine, lime juice, and gin. Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a highball glass. Add the soda to the top and stir.
- Top off with the cherry brandy. Do not stir.
A frozen blended drink, the Miami Vice is a combination of a strawberry daiquiri and a piña colada. The layers make it look just as good as it tastes.
Bourbon Peach Sweet Tea
Make a pitcher of this delicious alcoholic peach sweet tea with a bourbon kicker.
- Combine tea, simple syrup, bourbon, peach nectar, and lemon juice in a pitcher.
- Place two peach slices in a glass and fill the glass with ice.
- Pour tea into glass. Garnish with a sliced peach and a sprig of mint.
This fruity, peachy cocktail is a brunch favorite. It is made from peaches and sparkling wine. While the Bellini is a frozen fruity drink that can be served blended, it's also a brunch mainstay and one of many cocktails made from sparkling wine or Champagne.
Fig Old Fashioned
If you prefer your fruity cocktails a tad less sweet and more on the classic side, then the fig old fashioned is the fruity alcoholic drink for you. Slightly sweet, a little fruity, and classic as can be, the fig old-fashioned is a lovely fruit take on a classic cocktail.
- Splash the absinthe into a rocks glass. Swirl to coat the glass and dump out any excess absinthe.
- Add the fig syrup, cherry liqueur, bitters, and soda water. Stir.
- Add the rye and ice. Stir.
- Squeeze the orange peel, skin-side down, over the drink to release the citrus oil and then drop into the glass, skin-side up, as garnish.
If you're longing to dig your toes in the sand and feel the tropical breezes stirring your hair, then short of jumping on a plane and heading to the tropics, your best bet is to give yourself a mental vacation with fruity and sweet tropical drinks. The umbrella is optional, but it's definitely going to add to the vacation vibe.
Sweet, sour, and refreshing, cocktails made with pineapple such as the pineapple mango cocktail are the perfect amount of fruit and sweet in a balanced mixed drink. Bonus points if you drink the cocktail out of a pineapple.
The hurricane cocktail was created in New Orleans. It's a fruity, sweet combination of rum, pineapple, orange, and passionfruit with a tropical fruit flavor as intoxicating as its alcohol content.
Who can forget the fuzzy navel when discussing sweet and fruity alcoholic drinks? The cocktail was invented in the early 1980s when not a lot of creative updates were occurring on the cocktail scene. It's a simple combination or orange juice and peach flavors, but you can make it your own with daring updates such as creating a slushy version of the fuzzy navel.
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces peach schnapps
- Peach wedge for garnish
- In a highball glass, combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with the peach slide.
Jello shots are colorful, fun, and fruity. Use different flavors of vodka or other clear spirits along with different flavors and colors of gelatin to make an array of fruity, fun, colorful, flavorful sweet alcoholic shots.
Fruity Cocktails for Everyone
Whether you like your drinks sweet or less so, classic or modern, Caribbean or all-American, there's a fruity alcoholic drink for every taste. So get out some fresh fruit, fruit juice, and spirits and mix up a fruit-forward blend of your favorite mixed drink.