There are many great alcoholic dessert drinks but none can really compare to a great frozen strawberry daiquiri. Of course, while many people prefer the classic strawberry daiquiri, there are incredible variations that may become your new favorite!
Favorite Strawberry Daiquiri Recipes
This original recipe was turned on its head by making frozen varieties. The most popular is the frozen strawberry daiquiri which can be found at most bars; in fact, the frozen strawberry daiquiri is the most popular drink served at Medieval Times where the basic mix is in a slushy machine with rum being added after it's dispensed.
The basic concept of the frozen daiquiri (as with most frozen drinks) is that the ice is pulverized to a fine mess then stirred into the drink. Many recipes call for throwing all the ingredients, including the ice, inside a blender and running it until the drink is mixed and the ice properly crushed.
5-Minute Basic Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 1 cup light rum
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries (1 16-ounce bag)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup of lime juice
- Place rum and lime juice in your blender
- Dissolve sugar in the rum and juice
- Add a few strawberries to the blender; pulsing to break them up then add more until mixture is smooth
- Pour into chilled or frozen glasses
- If you prefer a thicker daiquiri you can add a little ice to the blender
Tropical Sunset Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 1 ½ cup frozen lemon concentrate
- 3/4 cup frozen lime concentrate
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- Puree the fresh strawberries in your blender
- Add concentrates and rum and blend
- Serve with ¼ cup sprite
Top Shelf Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- Fine sugar for coating rim of glass
- 1 ½ ounces top-shelf light rum
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Rose's lime cordial
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (2:1 sugar to water)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Coat the outside rim of a hurricane glass with fine sugar
- Place remaining ingredients in your blender then blend until smooth
- Pour into glass and garnish with a lime slice
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Punch
- 2 cans of frozen orange concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups powdered lemonade mix
- 3 ¾ cups powdered strawberry mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packages of powdered daiquiri mix
- 9 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups of rum
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries; pureed in blender
- Mix orange juice with the 3 cups of water
- Add all of the powdered mixes, sugar and lime juice
- Stir mixture until combined and powdered mixes are dissolved
- Divide into 3 parts between 3 ice cream containers
- In each container add 1 cup strawberries, 3 quarts of water, 1 tablespoon lime and 1 cup rum
- Thaw partially before serving
Strawberry Lemon Soda Slush
Basically, a slush is a frozen drink that is similar in consistency to an Italian ice. It is similar to a frozen daiquiri, although it can contain larger chunks of ice. It's best to serve this drink in a wide mouthed glass.This recipe creates a daiquiri with a delicious lemon bite to it.
- 9 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 20 ounces of strawberry daiquiri mix
- 2 cups of spiced rum.
- 12 ounces of frozen orange juice
- 20 ounces frozen strawberries
- Lemon or lemon-lime soda (such as 7-up)
- Before you begin, thaw out both the strawberries and the orange juice so that they are of a chunky consistency. If the strawberries are particularly large, you may want to run them through the blender. Alternately, you can use fresh strawberry puree.
- Pour the water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat the pan until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and let it cool.
- Add the mix and spiced rum.
- Stir in the frozen orange juice and strawberries
- Chill your cocktail glass by placing a handful of ice inside it.
- Dump it out before pouring in your drink. You may add some crushed ice for your drink if you want it extra icy.
- Top your drink with some lemon soda (about one third of a cup for a large martini glass)
The Virgin Version
Not everyone needs to be served alcohol in order to have a good time let alone enjoy the taste of a frozen strawberry daiquiri. You can make a virgin strawberry daiquiri by omitting the alcohol or follow a recipe specifically for non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiris.
Fresh and Refreshing
Whichever recipe you use for your daiquiris, this frozen drink is sure to be one of the most popular cocktails you can serve.