- In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka.
- Add ice and shake to chill.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a cherry.
Vodka Collins Variations and Substitutions
Add some additional flavor to a classic vodka Collins with these delicious substitutions and variations.
- Replace plain vodka with a flavored vodka.
- Use lemon-lime soda or flavored seltzer water in place of the club soda.
- Muddle some fruit or fresh herbs with the simple syrup before adding vodka and lemon juice and shaking.
- Replace lemon juice with grapefruit juice.
- Replace the simple syrup with honey syrup or an equal amount of your favorite liqueur, such as Cointreau or Chambord.
The cherry and lemon slice are a very traditional Collins garnish. You can also garnish with berries or even a sprig of mint.
About the Tom Collins With Vodka
Some people call it a Tom Collins with vodka. Others simply call it a vodka Collins. Whatever you call it, this refreshing cocktail is a quick and easy variation to the traditional drink that's been around since before the turn of the 20th century. Replacing the gin with vodka allows the crisp, refreshing lemon flavor to come to the fore, making this the perfect light summery drink when you're looking for a simple, balanced fizzy cocktail with a kick.
Add Some Vodka to Your Collins
Sometimes gin hits the spot. Sometimes not. So, if you're not in a gin mood but you still want a refreshing and bubbly cocktail, give the vodka Collins a try. It's bound to be the perfect light libation.