Ingredients for Basic Bloody Mary Recipe
- ¼ freshly squeezed ounce lemon juice
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 2 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 dashes of tabasco
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Lemon wedge and lime wedge for garnish
- Combine the lemon juice, tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, salt, and pepper in a Boston shaker or pint glass.
- Roll the drink by pouring it back and forth between both sides of the shaker or between two pint glasses until it is well-mixed, about one minute.
- Pour into a highball or pint glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with the lemon and lime wedges.
More Bloody Mary Recipes
If you can't get enough of Mary, then try these other Bloody Mary recipes.
If you want to add variety to your Bloody Mary, consider these fun add-ins.
- Add horseradish to taste.
- Add a dash or two of liquid smoke or a pinch of smoked paprika to give your drink a smokey flavor. Garnish with a smoked baby back rib on a skewer.
- Sweeten it up a bit with a tablespoon of brown sugar and garnish with an orange wedge.
- Make a Bloody Geisha by replacing the vodka with sake and garnish with two California rolls on a skewer.
- Replace the tomato juice with clamato juice for a briny version of the beverage and garnish with a cooked and peeled prawn and a lemon wedge on a skewer.
- Add a pinch of onion salt, a pinch of garlic salt, and a pinch of chili powder. Replace the vodka with grapefruit jalapeno vodka. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a jalapeno popper on a skewer.
- Add a pinch of cayenne and a tablespoon of pepperoncini brine to the drink and garnish it with a whole pepperoncini.
- Garnish a classic Bloody Mary in a glass rimmed with garlic salt with a sprig of basil.
There's Something About Mary
Bloody Mary is a popular cocktail, and it's not hard to figure out why. With so many flavor and garnish variations, you can create the perfect Bloody Mary for almost any theme.