Sweet tea and vodka along with other ingredients such as lemonade combine in cocktails to make a light, refreshing summer drink. You can add various liqueurs and flavors to make the cocktails unique and delicious.
Hibiscus Sweet Tea
This sweet tea and vodka cocktail has a lovely floral flavor from the hibiscus liqueur. Make a single glass from the recipe or mix up a batch in a pitcher.
- Fill a collins glass with ice.
- Add the hibiscus liqueur, vodka, and sweet tea. Stir to mix.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.
Boozy Arnold Palmer
One of the best known sweet tea and lemonade combinations is the Arnold Palmer. This boozy version also adds citrus vodka for a lovely kick.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka and lemonade.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a collins glass filled with ice.
- Add the sweet tea and stir.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Vodka Sweet Tea-jito
A vodka mojito replaces rum in the classic cocktail with vodka. This takes it a step further by adding a hint of sweet tea for a uniquely refreshing beverage.
- 10 mint leaves plus mint sprigs for garnish
- 1½ ounces sweet tea
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 3 ounces club soda
- Lime wedges for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint with the sweet tea.
- Add the lime juice and vodka.
- Add the ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Add the club soda and stir.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lime wedges.
Berry Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is a summertime favorite, particularly when you combine it with berries. This hard version uses Chambord, which is a raspberry-flavored liqueur, but you can use any berry flavored liqueur in its place. It makes one cocktail.
- 1 ounce berry flavored vodka
- 1 ounce Chambord liqueur
- 6 ounces sweet tea
- Fresh berries and mint sprigs for garnish
- Fill a collins glass half full with ice.
- Add the berry flavored vodka, Chambord, and tea. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with berries and mint sprigs.
Orange Sweet Teani
This martini combines a hint of citrus with sweet tea for a flavorful martini. It serves one.
- Orange wedge
- Brown sugar and cinnamon mix
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 ounces sweet tea
Making Your Own Sweet Tea
You can buy sweet tea commercially, but it's easy to make your own, as well. Store it in a pitcher in the fridge for up to five days. This makes 4 quarts.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 12 bags of black tea
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 quarts of cold water
- As soon as the water boils, remove it from the heat and steep the tea bags in it for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard them.
- While the water is still hot, stir in the sugar, mixing until it is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the cold water and stir until well mixed. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
Delicious Sweet Tea and Vodka Drinks
If you like sweet tea and you enjoy a cocktail now and again, why not combine the two for a tasty and fun treat? Sweet tea makes a great mixer for vodka and other cocktail ingredients to make beverages perfect for barbecues and summer parties.