- In a cocktail shaker, combine the rum, triple sec, blue curaçao, gin, tequila, and sweet and sour with ice. (Use just enough ice to chill the shaker.)
- Shake well to combine.
- Pour into a collins glass with ice.
- Stir in the soda.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
Substitutions and Variations
This is a great cocktail to mix up in a large batch and serve as a punch. To do that, mix equal amounts of the rum, triple sec, blue curacao, gin, and tequila plus two times the amount of sweet and sour, and then add lemon-lime soda to taste and add ice. You can float lemon or lime slices in the punch bowl as a garnish. You can make very large amounts as a trash can drink for big groups. N
For additional variations, try the following:
- Replace the lemon-lime soda with ginger ale or club soda.
- Add a dash of grenadine to give it a slightly sweeter taste and a nice, purple color.
- Replace the rum with an equal amount of coconut rum.
A simple lemon slice, wheel, or wedge is a traditional garnish. You can use other citrus garnishes, as well.
About the Walk Me Down Drink
Walk me down is just one name for this boozy sweet and sour mixed drink. You can also call it Sweet Jesus and walking with Jesus, so if you order that in a bar, you'll get a similar cocktail. It's a blue, multi-booze cocktail with a kick.
Walking After Midnight
With a boozy bite and a vivid color, the walk me down drink is probably best in the early hours of the evening as you're ramping up. It's one of those powerful and strong cocktails, like a Four Horsemen drink, with tons of flavor. And if you want to stay with the blue theme, give some other blue curacao drinks a try.