Ingredients for White Christmas Margarita: A Recipe You've Been Dreaming Of
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, coconut milk, allspice dram, lime juice, cream of coconut, and orange liqueur.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge.
Variations and Substitutions
The white Christmas margarita has a recipe that varies from season to season and person to person, meaning you can play around until you find the perfect one for you without losing the spirit of the cocktail.
- Use coconut tequila. If this is too much coconut, skip the coconut milk. This also makes for a lighter, or skinny, margarita.
- Try mezcal for a smokier flavor.
- Instead of lime juice, swap lemon or orange.
- Include a splash of caramel syrup or liqueur instead of orange liqueur.
- Skip the orange liqueur and use extra allspice dram.
- Cinnamon simple syrup or bitters add a complex flavor.
The spirits are an important part of any cocktail, but the garnish has just as much importance and effect on the final taste and feel of the drink.
- Add coconut flakes to the rim, using honey or a lime wedge to help it stick.
- Instead of a pineapple wedge, consider adding an orange wheel or lime wedge.
- Try out a dehydrated orange or lime wheel for an intriguing look.
- A lime peel or twist with a few whole cranberries adds a pop of Christmas color.
- Fresh orange zest gives a citrus flair without overpowering the cocktail.
About the White Christmas Margarita
Coconut and allspice are a surprisingly tasty combo, allowing you to bring some holiday spice and sweetness to creamy white coconut milk that gives the drink its wintery appearance. Likewise, putting the lime in the coconut and shaking it all up creates a flavor combo so spectacular that people (and Muppets) have been singing about it for years. What makes this drink a margarita, however, is the addition classic margarita ingredients: tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur. With the inclusion of allspice dram, or other spiced ingredients, the coconut margarita develops a deeper palette and wintery profile, giving it that delicious upgrade for the cold weather season.
Dreaming of a Tequila Christmas
Whether you enjoy the white Christmas margarita on a snowy Christmas day or sip it on a tropical beach, it gives a boost to the holidays. However the holiday unfolds, this cocktail is an easy addition to the holiday cocktail lineup.